Image Map

Monday, August 1, 2016

Dear Students: All About Mrs. Trammell

Hello, students!  I am Mrs. Trammell, and I am your kindergarten teacher.  I am super excited to be your teacher this year!  We're going to have a great year!

Scroll down a little and take a look at the picture right over here --------->
That's me!  I get to meet you on Thursday, August 4th at our Kindergarten Round-Up.  I hope to see you there!  You will get to see our class and where you will sit.  You will meet me and the rest of our classmates.  How fun!

Did you know that I have a cat?  Her name is Alice, and she is 18 years old. That's pretty old for a cat!  She loves to eat and sleep, but her favorite thing is to be brushed.  Alice loves to sleep on my son's bed, or on the stairs in the sunshine.  She has a favorite chair, too.  One time she sat on the door of the opened dishwasher.  Silly cat!

I have a brother, too.  He lives far away, so I don't get to see him that often.  When I was in kindergarten, my brother was in preschool.  Do you have a younger brother, or do you have a sister? Maybe you have both! You will have to tell me!

At my house I live with my husband and my two sons (and Alice, of course). My sons are in fifth and third grade, and they go to Carmel Elementary, too! We like to be together! Our favorite thing to do is go to the beach, but we don't get to do that often.  We love to go on vacation, and one of our goals is to visit all 50 states. So far I have been to 28 states! I've visited 15 counties as well. Other favorite things to do are to go hiking, watch movies, play games, and read books.  Guess what?  My favorite movie in when I was in kindergarten was Star Wars. When I was in kindergarten, I had a Star Wars themed bedroom. Have you seen that movie? This fall we are looking forward to watching the Colts play football. What kinds of things do you like to do with your family?

Sometimes I do things by myself.  I like to read and I like to decorate my house.  During the warm weather, I like to be in my yard, too. I garden and take care of my plants when I'm outside.  Also, I like to take long walks. What do you like to do outside?  Please let me know!

I've been in a school for a long time!  When I was finished with high school, I went to Indiana University in Bloomington.  So, I am an IU fan!  Go Hoosiers!  Do you have a favorite team?  After I went to IU, I went to graduate school at Ball State University.  I have worked at this school fourteen years.  Before I was a kindergarten teacher, I taught third grade for nine years.  You can say that I really like school.  I hope you do, too!

Now that you know a little bit about me, I can't wait for you to tell me all about you!  See you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment